Whether you already have been operated from a prostate condition or you suffer from pressure pain on your perineum area impacting your prostate, you will discover in this article the importance of choosing properly the Best bicycle saddle for prostate.
What bike saddles prostate design to choose
You have in any case to select a bicycle seat with a central hollow part. The purpose is to eliminate all pressure on the perineal area. The perineum is the zone protecting the pelvic floor muscles as well as the blood vessels & nerves used to urinate or have an erection.
The prostate is locate right above it and any contact pressure applied on the pelvic floor is transferred to the prostate. On your traditional bicycle seat, you therefore have a permanent force transfer that may cause discomfort or pain.
Best split bicycle seat prostate
Here is a selection of road bike saddle for prostate, called split bicycle seat prostate, which design is meant to protect your prostate and prevent chock transfer in case of bumpy roads.
- Fizik Argo R3-140mm - Vento , BlackR3: a combination of a ride-compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and a kpremium hollow rail with high strength-to-weight ratio Argo Vento: performance racing saddle with a short-nose design that improves stability and allows for a more aggressive, Aero riding position Type 1 foam: low profile, reactive and springy for efficient power transfer Features an ergonomic cutout that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts Purposeful design shape that helps the rider achieve a better riding posture106.17 $
- Selle Italia Diva Gel SuperFlow Road Bike Saddle - Comfortable Road or Mountain Bike Seat for Women - 270 x 152mm, Women, BlackGEL SUPERFLOW COMFORT- The special SuperFlow anatomic cut-out combined with a gel layer provides excellent comfort to "soft tissue" areas by offering greater flexibility at the front of the road bike saddle. Combined with a thin layer of silicone gel it absorbs all road vibrations DURABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - Our MTB bike saddle has a microfiber cover material, Fibra-Tek, that guarantees a strong and durable lifetime at a very low weight EXTRA PADDING - Increased padding in this road saddle ensures durable riding positioning for long distances and provides the rider protection against skin inflammation TITANIUM RAILS - The Diva Gel SuperFlow bike road saddle is made with 07mm TI 316 rails which increase resistance and durability by up to 25% and reduce weight by 15% when compared with traditional rails OUR GUARANTEE - Selle Italia guarantees its products against material and/or manufacturing defects for twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase94.99 $
- Selle SMP TRK Saddle, Large, BlackDesigned for recreational and sporting use, thanks to the comfortable padding. It's also perfect for daily use in the city Dimensions 272 x 177 mm - weight 400 grams Polypropylene shell - steel rail - soft polyurethane padding Large central cutout, cushioned padding and ergonomic shape relieves pressure points and nerve compression while riding Dropped nose design for stability and support83.95 $
Best bike saddles for prostate: noseless saddles
You should be looking for saddles with design that offer the largest central hollow part. The optimal models are saddles without a beak. As such they leave the perineal zone completely free from irritation or frictions. Depending on the type of bicycle you are riding you may opt for one or another of the following:
The Hobson Pro Hub X2 Saddle is a quite strange looking noseless bike saddle design
- This product is of Designed for long distance comfort
- This Product is a finely crafted, expertly designed long distance saddle for on- and off-road cycling
- Kiwi Saddle Soap, 3.125 OunceFeatures a traditional blend of ingredients which cleans, softens and preserves smooth leather Formulated with a quality wax for added protection Cleans away dirt, grim and salt stains Manufacturer has updated packaging; tin may vary4.96 $
- ISM Hybrid Commuter Bike Seat Touring Saddle Bundle with a Lumintrail HeadlightWide base for maximum stability and rider comfort Sloped front design allows for easy mounting and dismounting 60-series foam padding for long lasting comfort Fits all kinds of bikes: hybrid bikes, police, bikes, city/commuter bikes Includes a Lumintrail Bike Headlight89.99 $
The ISM Touring Saddle is pretty ugly but it provides a wide base for stability and comfort with nose-less design removes pressure from soft tissues.
It will ensure a maximum blood flow, no genital numbness, and a healthier, more enjoyable ride – 60-series foam padding
“La creme de la creme” aggressive looking noseless bicycle saddle will provide you with the best seating options using ischial bones (seat bones) and leaving the central perineal zone completely free.
No more loss of sensitivity in the penis due to the lack of blood flow and neither prostate pressure nor pain. It is considered as the best bicycle saddle for prostate problems
Other bicycle saddle for prostate designs
If you are not riding a competitive road bicycle and the above mentioned saddles do not fit your needs, you can consider this alternative more Comfortable MTB BMX Mountain Road Bike Seats also compatible with Peloton Spin Exercise for Men Women.
- Fizik Argo R5-150mm - Vento, BlackR5: A combination of a ride-compliant carbon reinforced nylon shell and a S-Alloy Rail Argo Vento: Performance racing saddle with a short-nose design that improves stability and allows for a more aggressive, aero riding position Type 1 foam: low profile, reactive and springy for efficient power transfer Features an ergonomic cutout that was developed using detailed pressure analysis and input from medical experts Purposeful design shape that helps the rider achieve a better riding posture81.56 $
- Selle Italia, Flite 1990 Saddle, 139 x 275mm, 220g, Black10% carbon composite shell Full-grain leather cover Strong and durable without sacrificing low weight. Classic yet functional retro design that looks great on your bike. Ultra light tubular titanium rails natural leather cover provides great durability and breathability weight: 230g vintage style94.80 $ 133.99 $ -29%
- SMP Selle Unisex's TRK Gel Saddle, Black, LargeFor trekking, city, touring Weight : 500g Dimensions : 272 x 177mm Padding : Soft Polyurethane + GEL Body : co-polymer polyurethane Cover : SVT, Frame : steel89.95 $
For our readers who suffer from heamorrhoid condition, we suggest you to visit our section on the best bike seat for hemorrhoids.
Triathlon prostate cycling saddle
If you are a fit person who can do an Ironman race or planning to become one, the key to achieving your goals is, aside from being in a top shape, to avoid pain on your triathlon bike saddle during your 90 or 180km.
If you finish your bike segment race with pain from your triathlon bike saddle, your running capacities will be negatively impacted and you won’t be able to perform as expected.
- Selle Italia Novus Boost TM SuperFlow Road Bike Saddle with Abrasion-Resistant Duro-Tek Cover and Dual Padding - 255 x 148mm, 270g, BlackCOMFORTABLE RIDE - The SuperFlow technology in this road bike seats drastically reduces all physical limitations caused by prolonged pressure in the perineal area letting you ride longer and more comfortably DURABLE & LIGHTWEIGHT - Our mountain bike seat has a technical cover material, Duro-Tek, that guarantees a strong and durable lifetime at a very low weight DUAL PADDING - Double padding with variable density ensures a comfortable sit even for longer distances STEEL RAILS - The Novus Boost bike seat is made with 7mm high strength and flexible cromoly and manganese alloy rails and is easy to install on nearly any bike OUR GUARANTEE - Selle Italia guarantees its products against material and/or manufacturing defects for twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase76.71 $
- Selle Italia Unisex's SP-01 Boost Tekno Saddle, Carbon, L3SP-01 Boost Tekno is designed to surpass futuristic paradigms, developing – in the world of bike accessories the most innovative and exclusive materials already used in the top of the range automotive sector Dimensions: S 130x245mm, L 140x245mm Weight: S 105 g - L 110 g Rail: Hi-Tech Carbon Ø7x9 mm495.99 $
Prostate cancer prevention for cyclists
If you reach your 50s and you are a cyclist (or not!), you should visit your doctor and get checked on a regular basis as a prevention measure. Prostate cancer can be properly addressed and treated if detected in the early stage.
Below is an interesting video that should raise awareness towards all male cyclists and more specifically for cyclists in their 50s riding from 9 hours and more per week. They have a 5 times higher risk of developing a prostate cancer than the average